Monday, June 18, 2012

Something Like Normal by Trish Doller


Release Date: June 19th 2012
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Children
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 224 pages
Source: ARC

I cant really tell if I liked this book or not. I just need to give my rational first for you to decide whether I liked or not. but here is a hint: it is, by far, my favorite book in 2012.

So we are introduced to Travis who is this complex character but he tries not to show it. he is good at hiding it but not for long. His life is so crazy and all over the place. Here is another hint: His brother stole his girlfriend when he was away in Afghanistan.

Let me tell you this: the way Travis was written made him sound so real. He is the most realistic 19 years old character. He just sounded right in my head. And picturing him  was so easy to draw and form in matter of minutes. Basically, I fell for Travis. Though he is not perfect, he is human. And once in a while, I like to read about humans who do mistakes and learn from them.

You are not alone when you decide to re-read the book before even finishing it.

The fire in this book doesn’t simply goes away when you finish reading it, it stays.  

1 comment:

Karen L. said...

AHHH!!! I want to read this book so badly! It sounds like just my type of book. I've been trying to spend less on books, but I might have to give into this one!
Book Light Graveyard

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails