Monday, April 16, 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


Release Date: January 2nd 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 256 pages
Source: Borrowed

 I didn’t enjoy it like I thought I would.

I think my expectations were really high for this book thanks to all the reviews and tweets but it didn’t deliver. I just felt if it was longer, it might have added depth into the story for me.

It is one of those 1 day love story, though to me, it felt really rushed. Maybe I am not a believer of love at first sight. I just think it's hard to fall in love with someone at the airport, but maybe since Oliver is British it might make sense.

But there was something in this book that I loved so much. And that is the relationship between Hadley and her father. The author did a great job in creating this amazing relationship that stands out among others. We see how Hadley is mad at her father for leaving them and how her emotions changes over the course of the novel. Now this relationship was well-developed.

Also this book was a reminder of how traveling could be awesome, sometimes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails