Monday, February 6, 2012

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Release Date: September 27th 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 452 pages
Source: Borrowed
Series: 1

Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.
She's wrong.


I think this book is probably one of the most talked about in 2011. It had the prettiest cover. I even had as my picture profile on facebook way before the release of the book. It's really dark (literally) but romantic at the same time.

The whole storyline is confusing at time but that's the beauty of the book. It keeps you wondering, thinking: what is this insanity? What could it be? It kept awake, waiting to finish it. I actually finished it in 2 days which is breaking news because its huge and 2 days is tiny time. It probably takes me more time like a week to read a book like that, adding the complexity of it too. I just felt like I need to know more. I want to finish this book right now, I heard myself repeating.

If you ask me about my favorite character, you will be surprised.

I hate surprises too so I am going to tell you. Daniel. He is the best brother anyone can have. He is so sincere and he always puts his sister first. I love him so much. He should take the award of BEST BROTHER EVER.  Or he can have his own book. I want to know Daniel more. Crazy, I know.

For Noah, I guess I expected a lot from. Maybe that's why he fell flat to me. He didn’t deliver. I don’t know why. I like his British accent and all but it wasn’t enough for me. I am crossing my fingers for the second book.

Mara Dyer, she was daring. And that's all I am going to say about her. 

1 comment:

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

So I'm kinda happy I'm not the only one who wasn't really blown away by this one. I also stayed up and finished this book rather quickly too! I loved how you said you just needed to know more, I completely agree and think that's what kept me reading too. In any other book I don't think I would have liked Noah as much b/c I agree, I expected a lot more from him. OMG yes! I loved Daniel too! Thanks for the great and honest review! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails