Monday, February 13, 2012

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


Release Date: November 15th 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 338 pages
Source: Gift
Series: 1

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days. 

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color. 

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now. 

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior. 

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting asThe Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.

Shatter me shattered my brain, by making me think that no one can top this exquisite writing. The writing by far was the best aspect in this book. The similes, comparisons, description, and all those others things that we learn in English class were all in this book. I mean, I always find it really hard to imagine the setting of the book but I swear in Shatter Me I was never lost. I know how everything looked like, every little detail.

Shatter Me was my favorite book I read in 2011 because the author invested so much in the detailing everything. In making me know how Juliette felt and feeling it myself. I tasted what Juliette tasted. I felt her pain and happiness. I heard what she heard. I saw what she saw. The description in this book was so vivid; it might surround you for a while.  Adam Kent was just awesome. I loved him with all my heart. And I always like it or feel attached when there is history between the two people falling in love( I just don’t want instant love at all, if you know what I mean.)

I don’t know what else I could say. This book left me speechless at times. I didn’t want to end it. and why does releasing the next book has to be so far away? Not fair.

Totally recommend this book.     

2 comments:

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I absolutely love your review! I felt the exact same way, it totally left me speechless too. I'm so glad you loved the writing and didn't have trouble picturing the setting. I'm kinda bummed Unravel me has been pushed back until February 2013, but I know it'll be totally worth it! I agree, Adam Kent will always have a place in my heart and I loved their past too!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I LOVED THIS NOVEL...great review...i felt exactly the way you did. It was the last book i read in 2011 and it Blew my mind.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails